Roadway Surface Type
|Database variable name||Roadway_surface_type|
|Expiration date||Still active|
Type of surface on the roadway.
Roadway surface type is the material in the top surface of the road and is noted for each lane.
- The most common surface type, usually black but can also be red or green. This includes Tar-macadam.
- Drainage asphalt
- A special kind of asphalt that is more porous and lets water through more easily.
- Non-fixed aggregate material, a common material on smaller rural roads.
- A mixture of aggregate, sand, water and cement. Light grey in colour once set.
- Brick or block
- Road surface is composed of fixed individual blocks or bricks.
- The roadway surface type is unknown.