Vulnerable Road User Facilities
|Database variable name||Vulnerable_road_user_facilities|
|Expiration date||Still active|
VRU infrastructure (e.g. separated bike path, wide shoulder, etc.)
|5||Separated from roadway with kerb|
|6||Bicycle lane separated from roadway|
|7||Totaly separated bicycle path|
The type of existing Vulnerable Road User (VRU) facilities at the accident site and how VRU and vehicles share the roadway.
- Mixed traffic
- VRU and other vehicles share the same roadway (top left).
- Bicycle lane
- There is a special bicycle lane in the roadway (top center).
- Wide shoulder
- The shoulder of the road is wider to accommodate VRU, usually the shoulder is wider than 0,75 meters (top right).
- Separated from roadway with kerb
- The VRU lane is separated from the road by a kerb (bottom left).
- Bicycle lane separated from roadway
- The bicycle lane is totally separated from the roadway but not more than 3 meters (bottom center).
- Totally separated bicycle path
- The bicycle path is totally separate from the roadway by at least 3 meters (bottom right and far right).