Barrier Screw Quality
|Database variable name||Barrier_screw_quality|
|Expiration date||Still active|
The steel quality of the barrier screws.
Barrier screw quality describes the steel quality of the barrier screws. The steel quality can be seen on the bolt head of the screws connecting the guardrail post with the guard rail beam. The screw quality is given as two digits separated by a point, e.g., 4.8.
It is noted for each barrier that is a collision object.
The following options exist:
- The screws are of quality 4.8, meaning their ultimate strength is 400 MPa and their yield strength is 80% of 400 MPa, i.e. 320 MPa.
- The screws are of quality 8.8, meaning their ultimate strength is 800 MPa and their yield strength is 80% of 800 MPa, i.e. 640 MPa.
- The screw heads have no markings.
- Not Applicable
- The screws are of another quality.
- The screw quality is unknown.