Motor Power Enhancement - PTW
|Database variable name||ptw_motor_power_enhancement|
|Expiration date||Still active|
PTW motor power enhancement status.
|2||Present, original equipment, in use at time of accident|
|3||Present, after market fitment, in use at time of accident|
|5||Not fully assessed|
Specify whether the motor power enhancement was original equipment or market operational.
A motor power enhancement can be achieved by:
- changing elements of the exhaust system
- replacing or even removing the airlifter
- modifying the carburettor e.g. other jettings
- control the ignition and fuel management system with an aftermarket unit, e.g. Power Commander
- replace engine parts like camshafts, valves, pistons (difficult to assess without an engine dismount)