|Database variable name||Light_condition|
|Expiration date||Still active|
Description of the light conditions at the time of accident.
|6||Indoor road infrastructure with electric light|
|7||Indoor road infrastructure without electric light|
State the light condition at the accident scene. This weather observation can be made by an investigator, an on-scene police officer or a person involved in the accident.
- The light during daytime.
- Either dusk or dawn, when it is not complete daylight or darkness.
- Time of day once the sun has officially set and there is no lighting infrastructure present.
- Electric Light
- Official night time but with lighting present such as street lamps that are fully switched on. If street lamps are present but not working or not turned on code as ‘Darkness’ if it is after dusk.
- Indoor road infrastructure with electric light
- Can include tunnels or parking buildings with no or very little light from outside. Lights must be in working order and lit to be given a Value of 6. If lights are not lit, record Value as 7.
- Indoor road infrastructure without electric light
- Can include tunnels or parking buildings with no or very little light from outside.