Health and Safety
To ensure all teams have the knowledge, equipment and support necessary to work safely.
- Complete a full risk assessment.
- Train investigators in health and safety specific to vehicle examination
- Provide investigators with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensure investigators have appropriate inoculations
- Road and on-scene investigators should be trained in health and safety at accident scenes, including working in live traffic conditions, team-vehicle positioning and giving first aid.
- Maintain a record of any team incidents.
Please refer to the Health and Safety section of the Equipment List for the Health and Safety equipment list.
- It will be the Team Leaders’ responsibility to ensure all local health and safety regulations and requirements are met.
- Health and safety training.
- Counselling available.
- Inoculations (e.g. Hepatitis-B and tetanus are recommended).
- Training to work safely alongside live traffic conditions
- On scene teams should have training on coning out roads/managing live traffic and parking project vehicles in fend-off position.